Thursday, January 19, 2012

His name is Lucas Jack.

After feeling like I have been in labor for weeks… our dear baby boy arrived in a hurry this morning, and we are so glad he is here and safe. He weighs in at a whopping 8 pounds and 12 ounces measuring 21 inches. We are both doing well considering our day. He was quite blue when he was born, and he had to get the procedure done to open the hole in his heart. He is stabilized now, and sedated and calm. After I delivered him, my placenta did not come out so I had emergency surgery. I am stable now, too and thankful they were able to get everything taken care of.
He will have his heart surgery on Monday at 730 am.
In the Newborn Intensive Care Unit they called him a Moose. That is right my Minnesota Moose. But I guess compared to other babies in the NICU, he is full term, so really looks big
We are thrilled that he has been able to grow and that we are at a place that will take good care of us. And I am so thankful for my Jeff who is just amazing.
We have not been able to hold him yet, but are looking forward to doing that tomorrow. I will post pictures soon.
Adeline got to see pictures of her baby brother, and we can’t wait for her to meet him. I am so thankful that Grandma and Grandpa are here to take care of her, and be with us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment