Here I sit in the hospital room in Minneapolis. 29 weeks pregnant and on medication to stop labor. My water broke early yesterday morning and are here being monitored and cared for. The staff here have been amazing.
Man I need to stay pregnant as long as possible, as long as it is healthy for me and baby boy.
Right now I am having no labor which is good and our baby is in no distress. Jeff brought Adeline to see me for a little while today and it made my day. She is so awesome. It was a little bit of a strange place but we explained to her that mommy needs to rest and that the doctors and nurses are taking good care of me. She got a little nervous when one of the nurses came in, so she sat with Jeff. She did want to check out my iv and we talked about the fact that I was getting medicine that way. She sang me a song and read some stories, and said Oh my goodness at least three times. Another recent phrase I adore is: “Ta-dah” when she has made a tower, or colored a picture. Man she is cute.
Well as far as timelines and what I want to share with all of you who love me so:
Jeff is awesome, he is amazing and taking such good care of me. My best friend Adrienne has Adeline, and I so appreciate that. Adeline loves to see Connor, and that has to be the next best thing to being with Mom and Dad. We have had so many offers of help and support that we appreciate, and we may really really need.
I have no idea if I will be at the hospital for 2 days or 2 months. There is a pretty good chance that they will keep me here until I deliver our little guy. In the very best case I could carry him all the way until 36 weeks or more- Which also is the day of Christmas. Wouldn’t that be a gift?!
In all likelihood, we will be thankful for each day that I can stay pregnant and that he can grow and prepare for what is waiting for him here. On Wednesday this week we meet with the Surgeons and will be able to ask them questions. Because of the chance for early delivery that adds to our list of questions. I plan to take notes or write down what they tell us so that you can all know what is up.
When he is born he will fairly immediately go to the Newborn Intensive Care unit where they will help him get stabilized. They will do a scan on his heart to see how everything is. 2 weeks ago when we discussed this with the pediatric cardiologist they said they would do surgery within the first week. If he is born prematurely I do not know if they will be able to allow him to grow in the NICU, and then do surgery later. I kind of doubt it.
So I have thought and thought about how I will share this journey with all of you that love us so, and I have decided that blogging some will help me disperse information, and allow me to brain dump/process and share with all of you that love and care for me.
Thank you for all the texts and voicemails, and love support and prayers from wherever you are. We feel your love and need it.
2 comments:
Thank you, Amanda, for keeping me posted. If this is just for me, I will follow it faithfully and diligently. I love you so. More than you'll ever know!
Amanda! I am thinking of you and your little guy! I wish I was closer so I could do something to help. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!
Post a Comment