Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ultrasound

Today they did an unltrasound on our little guy. Everything looks really good. His size is in the 50th percentile for this gestational age. He weighs in at about 3 pounds and 2 ounces. The fluids around him are all normal and look good, too. This is really good.
I love this little guy more everyday, and I had a discussion with him that I am very excited to meet him, but NOT YET!

So as far as staying at the hospital for now, we are in a bit of a holding pattern. They want to re-test to see if my water did in fact break, but they can not do that while I am still having spotting. Sorry if that is too much information for you!

Either way I will most likely be on bed rest until this little guy gets here. It seems like there is only a slight chance that I would be able to go home, but part of me hopes for it. Looking at the next 8 weeks at home instead of at this hospital has great appeal. Either way is going to be tough, because I am ready to go for a jog! However, I will do whatever is the best for our baby. And if you are reading this he is probably your baby in a way, too...

2 comments:

nASHTONville said...

So happy to hear your ultrasound went so well. I know it has to be so hard to be on bedrest, but try to enjoy this time of relaxation and freedom. Before long you'll be chasin around two little cuties, wishing you could be taking a nap in bed! Keep up the great outlook and thanks for updating everyone!

Chiconky said...

Yay for growing babies! I'm sure you're going crazy sitting in the hospital so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they let you go home soon. When you get there I can recommend many, many borderline (and not so borderline) shameful TV shows you can watch on Netflix. Should kill a few weeks of bedrest...

Post a Comment