Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A word about this blog and how we are.

So I am so thankful for all of you who have been reading our blog and keeping up with us that way, and now it will hopefully become a bit boring for several weeks. I will update with how ultrasounds and appointments go, and any more details we learn.

When our baby boy is born I will update this blog with NICU, surgery, and CCU updates/ statuses and the like. I also look forward to blogging the day we get to bring our little guy home.

It seems like this has been a very good way to communicate to all of my favorite people whether friends or family. It is crazy to me but this site has already received about 350 hits. That includes the several times I have looked at it, but wow! That is pretty cool.

So if there are things you want me to talk about or find out about, just let me know by posting here, or emailing me.

And maybe this sounds weird, but I am totally okay with this being a boring blog for awhile:)

We are doing pretty well these first few days home. I have gone back to work- and feel quite tired.(7 and a half months pregnant will do that to anyone!) I am trying to listen to my body and "rest more." I have been going to bed earlier, and I think that helps.

It has been very interesting to go back to work and see how surprised some people are, (I tell them we are surprised, too!) And it is also fascinating who has been asking about our experience. I don't know why it surprises me, but it just does. I work with some of the best people. I also think they represent the best "Minnesota Nice" there is. They also have a variety of backgrounds including several nurses.

I have let them know that I have a new appreciation for nurses.

The other thing that had occurred to me sometime in my hospital stay is that I have been working OR volunteering in a Hospital type setting for almost 20 years. AM I EVEN OLD ENOUGH for that kind of comment?!?!

Anyway, and I have never been a patient. (Except for when we had Adeline.) So it was interesting to be on the patient side of everything. And since I got to the hospital via ambulance, I still do not know how to get-drive there. Weird.

Okay must be time for bed. Because I am rambling... I usually call it diarrhea mouth.. in this case diarrhea typing....

Thanks for reading, and this baby boy is kicking around in my belly right now- and it makes me smile. Still SO GLAD to be PREGNANT.

3 comments:

nASHTONville said...

So glad to read that things are still going well. I love reading your updates and can't believe your incredible positive spirit and attitude. That is what is making this all work for you. I think of you each day and just can't believe what you have gone through and that you are back to work! Keep hanging in there baby Haun and family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tandy said...

I'm thrilled you're still pregnant, Amanda! I do think that one day you will be glad for the time you spent to write all of this down. Take care of your self and your little man! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!

Barbara said...

so glad it's a boring blog right now, as it should be. The baby is being patient and biding his time until he is fully ready to be born. I'm so grateful that you could have this time and feel good enough to work, and everything! We'll keep praying for you! Love from Aunt Barbara

Post a Comment