Friday, November 11, 2011

You will never believe where I am!

SO I am home, on my couch!!!!

Earlier today they did the test called AmniSure, and it came back negative. This means that I am not leaking amniotic fluid.

Pretty much this has to be a miracle.

I was hoping to go home, but it is so amazing to be here. Before Adeline went to bed we were all sitting on the couch and I just cried because it feels so good to be in my own space, and be with my family. Adeline said, Mommy crying? And I said yes, but it is because I am happy.

Jeff and I are still a little shocked- but glad to be out of the woods for now. We hope this is the course we will stay on, all the way until January!

So I will continue to update this blog as we begin weekly appointments in a few weeks, but we can rest.

I am home with restrictions but not on bed rest which is excellent, I am still surprised! I can still do yoga, which totally rocks, and I am home. Yay. Yay. Yay.

All of you, every single one of you that has sent us your thoughts and prayers, we appreciate it! Must be like an army of people that want this baby boy to do as well as we do!! :)

I am going to be taking the advice of the nurses and doctors very serious, and not lift Adeline and rest more (what does that mean exactly?) And even giving up my favorite workout ever: Zumba. But I want to be safe and stay safely pregnant as long as we can.

I so appreciate the calls, texts, emails and thoughts sent to us all this week. It might be the longest week ever.

I am thankful thankful for being watched over and my heart is full of love and grattitude. I feel so lucky to have made it through this week, virtually unscathed. (Except for an iv site that is bruising up nicely.) And I am thankful for the medical advances that could stop me from going into labor. Even if those medical advances can not really explain what happened.

While unscathed physically, I feel like my perspective has changed, and my love for this baby has grown even more, I love this little guy with all my heart and would have let them amputate my foot if it meant he did not get born early! Just ask Jeff how I did with the shots, and you might of thought that is what they were doing:) )

Well I have more thoughts and rambling, that I will add here later, but right now I am going to eat the chinese food Jeff just brought home...

:)

6 comments:

nASHTONville said...

What a shocker and congratulations! Such great news to hear! Do take it extra easy and use this time to rest and keep that little bun in the oven. If the oven is shaking, he is not baking! Sorry, that was cheesy! Can you please send me your mailing address? Email is still the same: hairdoo22@gmail.com. Continue having Chinese food too. Way to go Jeff! So happy to hear this awesome news.

Tandy said...

I'm so glad that you are home and that your little man has decided to remain in utero! I wish I was close enough to help with Adeline and keep you company. Take it easy.

Unknown said...

YAY!!! such good news that you're home! Definitely a miracle. So if you're not leaking amniotic fluid, what in the world happened?!

Sure love ya!

John And Conliegh

Julia M. said...

God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.

Somehow I forget that. Often.

Thank you for reminding me.

I am so happy!

Chiconky said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're home, AND not on bedrest. Truly a miracle.
I'm with John. If you weren't leaking fluid, what happened? Because if you peed your pants you owe it to your blog readers to confess. In detail. With pictures if possible.
I am so so happy for you guys. You've definitely got an army out there. Also, I'm calling him AJ in my head. Hope you don't mind :)

Barbara said...

So awesome that you're home! I'm grateful for your upbeat attitude. You are such a great example to all of us. Keep smiling! Love you tons!

Post a Comment